Latest Blog Posts
LED LIGHTS June 19th 2021
Have you been thinking of ways to be more economically and environmentally efficient with your electrical bill? Consider switching your lights over to LED. LED lights use far less energy, have a smaller impact on your environmental footprint, decrease the risk of burn-outs, have a longer useful life and reduces your costs in the long-run. Here are some of the reasons why many Canadians are making the switch.
• Energy Saving: LED lights use up to 80% less energy than traditional light bulbs and will have a massive decrease to your environmental footprint. Incandescent and fluorescent bulbs create light through an electric current which heats the lights until it reaches a certain temperature and glows. Which means that 95% of the energy used to power incandescent and fluorescent lights is to heat them and only 5% of the energy used is for lighting the bulbs.
• Environmentally Conscious: LED lightbulbs are also mercury free, mercury is an extremely toxic substance that is considered a public health concern by the World Health Organization.
• Low Risk of Burn-Outs: Since LEDs do not have a filament, a fraction of the energy utilized in
light the heating of the bulb, it is virtually impossible for them to burn out. The LED light does not get as hot as traditional bulbs and has a decreased risk of overheating.
• Long-Lasting: LED lights have a lifetime of at least 10 years. Where a conventional bulb has a lifetime of about 2,000 hours, LED lights have the potential of lasting 25,000 hours. This means that conventional bulbs last on average 2 years whereas LED lights last up to 25 years. Over time, you will need fewer replacements and lower your overall cost to light your home.
• Cost-Effective: Switching to energy efficient lighting is one of the fastest ways to cut your energy bills in half. Recent mass manufacturing increase of LED lights has lowered the initial cost by about 50 percent and the advance in technology has provided new omnidirectional and dimmable options. Your potential savings over time could be up to $148 per bulb. Within 5 years of switching over, you will be saving hundreds of dollars on your electricity bill.